Chief Executive Officer
Tom Johnson is Chief Executive Officer of H/Advisors Abernathy, where he is leading a growth trajectory rooted in the firm’s powerful heritage as a trusted partner to leading organizations and executives in their most critical moments.
Tom counsels CEOs, executive teams and Boards on all strategic communications matters, with a particular focus on special situations such as transactions, activist investors, crises, management changes and governance matters. He has overseen a significant expansion of Abernathy’s business over the last five years, including the launch of several new practice areas rooted in the firm’s stakeholder-oriented approach. Tom also serves as the co-Chief Executive Officer of the H/Advisors global network, which offers clients leading local market expertise with a seamless cross-border offering in all of the world’s key financial centers.
Prior to joining Abernathy, Tom served as Editor-in-Charge of Investment Banking and Finance for Reuters North America, where he also ran the M&A and IPO desks. Earlier, he worked at CNN Financial News as a financial markets and M&A reporter.
• Cerner Corporation on its $28.3 billion merger with Oracle
• Anaplan on its revised $10.4 billion merger agreement with Thoma Bravo
• JAB on all North American communications
• The National Women’s Soccer League on its joint investigation into alleged misconduct
• Medline Industries on its majority stake sale to Blackstone, Carlyle and Hellman & Friedman for approximately $30 billion
• DXC Technology on the unsolicited merger approach by Atos
• Comcast on Trian Fund Management’s investment in the company
• Towson State University, B.A. in Mass Communications
Memberships and Affiliations
• Volunteers of America Greater New York, Board Member
• The LAGRANT Foundation, Board Member