Senior Account Executive
Mark Detlor provides strategic communications counsel to a range of clients facing complex reputational challenges, often with legal and regulatory implications. With expertise in public affairs and issues management, Mark helps clients navigate their relationships with stakeholders in Washington and beyond to support key business objectives, while minimizing the risks associated with public corporate activity, media engagements and political advocacy. Mark’s experience also includes crisis, media relations, corporate profile raising and reputation management in the tech, energy, healthcare, consumer, asset management and real estate industries.
Prior to joining H/Advisors Abernathy, Mark was a consultant at Seven Letter, a D.C.-based strategic communications and public affairs firm, where he focused on labor crises, corporate profile raising and public affairs engagements in the aerospace and defense industries.
• Google on corporate communications and public affairs matters
• Summit Carbon Solutions on reputation management, public affairs and targeted national profile raising
• LS Power on reputation management, crisis preparation and management, and media relations
• Amherst Group on strategic profile raising and ongoing corporate affairs support
• Over the course of his career, Mark has also supported:
○ An aerospace and defense contractor’s public affairs engagement on the future of strategic deterrence and the nuclear triad
○ A foreign government’s public affairs engagement regarding the construction of an energy pipeline
○ A professional sports league, supporting the office of the commissioner through two labor negotiations
• The George Washington University, B.A. in Political Science