Mark Detlor provides strategic communications counsel to a range of clients facing complex reputational challenges, often with legal and regulatory implications. With expertise in public affairs and issues management, Mark helps clients navigate their relationships with stakeholders in Washington and beyond to support key business objectives and minimize the risks associated with public corporate activity. Mark’s experience includes media relations, crisis management, litigation support and corporate reputation management in the tech, health care, energy and aerospace and defense industries, as well as for consumer brands.
At Abernathy, Mark supports the growth of the Public Affairs Practice and the Washington office, helping develop and launch H/Advisors’ international health care public affairs offering. Before joining Abernathy, he was a consultant at Seven Letter, a strategic communications firm, where he focused on labor, corporate reputation and public affairs engagements.
• Google on media relations, corporate communications and public affairs on matters including global competition, security and artificial intelligence
• Summit Carbon Solutions on media relations, reputation management and public affairs
• LS Power on reputation management and media relations
• Over the course of his career, Mark has also supported:
○ An aerospace and defense contractor’s public affairs engagement on the future of strategic deterrence and the nuclear triad
○ A professional sports league, supporting the office of the commissioner through two labor negotiations
• The George Washington University, B.A. in Political Science