Managing Director, Head of Public Affairs
Liz Sidoti provides strategic communications, reputation management and public affairs counsel – and brings an integrated campaign mentality – to global organizations, particularly those in crisis and transition. She uses her more than two decades of experience navigating politics and government, the media and highly regulated industries, as well as corporate and nonprofit sectors, to help executives solve complex challenges. Her wide-ranging experience includes litigation, regulatory, acquisitions, divestments, brand, marketing, issues management, executive and advocacy communications.
Before joining H/Advisors Abernathy, Liz led U.S. Communications for BP – managing both internal and external engagement – for more than five years, as the company sought to recover its reputation and business following Deepwater Horizon. Liz began her career as an Associated Press journalist, where she covered presidential, congressional and statewide campaigns, the White House, Congress and geopolitics for over 15 years for a range of formats, and, ultimately, became the international news cooperative’s chief political correspondent and editor.
• Oversight Board (Meta) on global positioning and reputation management
• Whole Foods Market on corporate communications and issues management
• Google on corporate communications and public affairs
• SEACOR Marine on crisis communications, public affairs and ESG initiatives
• Conservation International on public affairs and reputation management
• International Flavors & Fragrances (IFF) on global crisis management and public affairs
• A national pharmaceutical distributor on its prescription opioid litigation and subsequent settlement
• Ohio University, E.W. Scripps School of Journalism, B.S. in Journalism
Memberships and Affiliations
• Georgetown University, McCourt School of Public Policy, Adjunct Faculty Member
• Close Up Foundation, Advisory Board Member
• National Press Foundation, Advisory Committee Member
• Running Start, Advisory Council Member