Senior Vice President
James Bourne helps clients develop and implement communications strategies that resonate with the audiences that matter most. He helps clients maintain credibility, articulate value and achieve results in high-stakes situations, particularly in challenging or dynamic business, policy or regulatory environments. He frequently supports clients with mergers & acquisitions, public affairs, litigation, executive transitions, shareholder activism and crisis preparedness and response.
James has advised a number of the world’s largest companies as they navigate rapidly changing industry environments and face complex threats. In his transaction work, James has supported dozens of mergers and acquisitions with a total value of more than $160 billion. His experience also includes advising clients facing public short attacks, dissenting founders and contentious proxy contests with formidable shareholder activists, including Elliott Management, JANA Partners and Starboard Value.
• Google on corporate communications and public affairs matters
• Oversight Board (Meta) on global positioning and reputation management
• Univision on its $4.8 billion acquisition of Groupo Televisa’s content assets
• Edison International on a statewide campaign to reform the way California addresses wildfire prevention, suppression and liabilities in the face of climate change
• A respected higher-ed institution as it separated with a faculty member involved in the events of January 6, 2021
• Colgate University, B.A. in International Relations