Managing Director, Head of Private Equity
Dana Gorman serves as the Head of Private Equity at H/Advisors Abernathy. He counsels GPs and portfolio companies on initiatives including reputation management, transactions, crises, public affairs, media relations and philanthropic endeavors. This involves the design and implementation of sophisticated and targeted communications plans related to both acute, high-consequence events and long-term business goals. He also has substantial experience communicating with a wide range of important constituencies, including employees, customers, government officials, limited partners and the media.
Dana also advises executive teams and Boards of Directors of public and private companies across industries on corporate reputation management, event-driven situations and strategic profile-raising initiatives. His experience spans M&A, shareholder activism defense, crisis management and response and restructuring and bankruptcy.
• Strategic communications advisory to a number of private equity investment firms, including Siris, New Mountain Capital, LS Power Equity Advisors, Carousel Capital and Vauban Infrastructure Partners, on transactions, fundraising announcements and other strategic matters involving the firms and their portfolio companies
• M&A involving publicly traded and privately held companies, including Cloudmed on its sale to R1 RCM, Vestiaire Collective on its acquisition of Tradesy, Univision Communications on its merger with Televisa’s media, content and production assets to form Televisa-Univision and Valaris on its acquisitions of Rowan, Atwood Oceanics and Pride International
• Multi-stakeholder communications in relation to Chapter 11 filings, including those involving Valaris, Parker Drilling and Heritage Home Group
• Sagard Capital on its acquisition, along with Fairfax Financial, of substantially all the assets of Performance Sports Group out of Chapter 11
• The City of Detroit on its historic Chapter 9 bankruptcy filing
• PGi on an agreement with its first lien lenders
• Travelport on an agreement with its Ad Hoc Group of Lenders
• University of Richmond, B.A. in Journalism and Spanish