Managing Director, Head of M&A and Activism
Dan Scorpio is Head of M&A and Activism at H/Advisors Abernathy. He provides strategic communications and stakeholder engagement counsel to leadership teams and Boards of Directors regarding transactions, activism defense and governance matters. He is skilled in connecting communications strategies to business objectives and brings a highly effective cross-stakeholder approach to client engagements. Dan has significant media relations experience and is a leader in applying digital strategies to drive positive outcomes for clients in contested M&A, proxy contests and special situations.
Prior to joining Abernathy, Dan was a senior media relations professional at a New York-based communications firm, where he led award-winning media and thought leadership programs for clients in the financial technology, insurance and asset management industries.
• T-Mobile on its $59 billion acquisition of Sprint
• Starwood Capital on its joint venture with Blackstone to acquire Extended Stay America for approximately $6 billion
• International Flavors & Fragrances (IFF) on its $45 billion Reverse Morris Trust combination with DuPont’s Nutrition & Biosciences business
• Symbotic on its SPAC transaction with Softbank-backed SVFC Investment Corp. 3 and subsequent public listing
• Boston Beer Company’s $300 million acquisition of Dogfish Head Brewery
• Silicon Motion on its $3.8 billion cross-border transaction with MaxLinear
• Numerous corporate clients in private and public engagements against activist investors including Carl Icahn, Elliott Management, JANA, Mantle Ridge, Pershing Square, Sachem Head and Starboard Value, among others
• Syracuse University, B.S. in Newspaper Journalism