Managing Director, Head of DC Office
Sarah Knakmuhs provides strategic communications counsel to companies navigating complex situations. With deep expertise in public affairs and investor relations, Sarah focuses on helping companies protect their valuations and reputations while achieving business objectives. She is an accomplished corporate executive with a strong financial and business background and is seasoned in communicating with a variety of stakeholders, including policy makers, regulators, investors and employees. In addition to public affairs and investor relations, she also advises clients on crisis preparation and management, litigation communications and general corporate affairs support.
Prior to joining H/Advisors Abernathy, Sarah spent over 14 years at Altria, where she held numerous senior leadership roles including Vice President, Government Affairs and Public Policy; Vice President, Brand; and Vice President, Investor Relations. She also served as Tax Counsel at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and worked at KPMG’s Washington National Tax Practice.
• E*TRADE on public affairs support relating to specific legislative objectives
• Cerner Corporation on its $28.3 billion merger with Oracle
• Amherst Group on strategic profile raising and ongoing corporate affairs support
• A large international bank with public affairs support surrounding the ramifications of a major hedge fund implosion
• A gaming company on preparation for state licensing hearings
• An international retailer on ongoing patent litigation issues
• Several new and established companies on the development and execution of investor programs and analyst days
• Loyola University Chicago, J.D.
• Miami University, B.S. in Accountancy