Matthew Butler provides strategic communications and investor relations counsel to public and private companies across a wide range of industries. Matthew has particular experience working with companies undergoing transformative special situations, including mergers and acquisitions, SPAC transactions, IPOs, shareholder activism defense, proxy contests, unsolicited takeovers, executive transitions and corporate crises.
Matthew specializes in advising leading private equity firms and hedge funds on matters such as transaction communications and private placements, LP communications, strategic media relations, reputation management and long-term corporate positioning.
• Medline Industries on its majority stake sale to Blackstone, Carlyle and Hellman & Friedman for approximately $30 billion
• New Mountain Capital on corporate positioning, transaction support and the completion of fundraising for its most recent funds
• JAB on North American communications matters, including its investments in National Veterinary Associates and Independence Pet Group
• Anaplan on its revised $10.4 billion merger agreement with Thoma Bravo
• NXP Semiconductors on its investor day, executive transitions and ongoing communications matters
• F5 Networks on its engagement with Elliott Management
• Ted Segal on his acquisition of a majority stake in Houston Dynamo FC
• Trinity College, B.A. in Economics
Memberships and Affiliations
• Portledge School Alumni Council