Managing Director, Head of Los Angeles Office
Matt Reid utilizes deep experience in financial and corporate communications, public affairs and crisis management to provide strategic counsel to clients facing “bet the company” opportunities and threats. Matt’s expertise includes managing high-profile cybersecurity and ransomware attacks, complex litigation matters, policy and regulatory challenges, financial transactions and issues and major corporate crises.
Prior to joining H/Advisors Abernathy, Matt served as Managing Director and co-head of the Los Angeles office of Sard Verbinnen & Co. Previously, he was Senior Vice President, External Affairs for BSA | The Software Alliance, the leading global trade association for the software industry, where he oversaw global communications and government relations. He has also held senior corporate communications and public affairs roles at several leading global PR firms and started his career working on high-profile political campaigns.
• Google on corporate communications and public affairs matters
• Cerner Corporation on its $28.3 billion merger with Oracle
• Providence Health on communications counsel and issues management
• Realty Income on transaction communications and crisis support
• Pro bono litigation communications support for Jarvis Masters, an innocent man on San Quentin’s death row
• Litigation communications counsel for a well-known family foundation, a major Northern California public agency, a global technology company and a prominent blockchain company, among others
• Incident response support and cybersecurity planning for multiple companies and organizations, including a leading chemical manufacturer, a third-party health administrator, a major pharmaceutical company and an industrial manufacturer, among others
• University of Nevada, Reno, B.A. in English
Memberships and Affiliations
• Alzheimer’s Los Angeles, Board Member Emeritus, Past Board Chair and Member, Board Marketing Committee