Jeremy Jacobs advises companies on financial, public and investor relations, with a focus on high-stakes special situations. Jeremy has extensive experience developing and implementing communications plans for both friendly and hostile mergers and acquisitions. He advises companies and investors either engaged in or facing shareholder activism and has helped clients successfully navigate some of the most contentious and complex proxy contests. Jeremy also helps clients plan and implement ongoing communications strategies.
Prior to joining H/Advisors Abernathy, Jeremy was a Senior Vice President at FleishmanHillard, where he supported M&A, corporate governance and financial communications for the firm’s worldwide network. He previously spent 10 years at Joele Frank, Wilkinson Brimmer Katcher. Before beginning his career in financial communications, Jeremy taught English literature and writing at the University of Pittsburgh.
• WisdomTree on transaction communications support, shareholder activism defense and investor relations
• SAS Institute on corporate communications advisory in connection with the company’s plan to become IPO-ready
• Stratus Properties on its successful proxy contest against Oasis Management
• RentPath on its $608 million acquisition by Redfin, following the termination of its transaction with CoStar Group
• S. Steel on its transformative investment in Big River Steel
• NXP Semiconductors on the termination of its planned sale to Qualcomm
• J. Rodgers, founder of Cypress Semiconductors, on his successful campaign to replace conflicted directors on the board
• University of Pittsburgh, M.A. in English Literature
• Duke University, B.A. in English Literature
Memberships and Affiliations
• Public Relations Society of America – New York and National Capital Chapters