Jim MacGregor advises corporate and nonprofit boards and managements on matters of governance, organizational positioning, crisis avoidance and management, investor relations, communications strategy, as well as issues that fall outside conventional definitions.
Jim and his partner James Abernathy founded the firm in 1985. Jim was H Advisors Abernathy’s Managing Partner until 2000, President until 2005 and Vice Chairman thereafter. Earlier he had been a reporter and editor at The Wall Street Journal and an executive at CBS and American Broadcasting Cos.
• Case Western Reserve University, M.B.A. in Business Management
• Princeton University, B.A. in Economics
Memberships and Affiliations
• Southampton Hospital Association, Board Member
• Peconic Land Trust, Board Member
• Daily Princetonian Publishing Co., Former Chair
• Location One, Inc., Chair