Deirdre Walsh provides strategic communications counsel to public and private companies undergoing complex situations, including leadership successions, employee activism, investigations and other special situations. She also advises companies on investor communications as they navigate challenging market dynamics and evolving stakeholder expectations.
Deirdre maintains notable expertise in working with professional sports teams and leagues, sports investors and sports-focused brands to manage their reputations. Her relevant sports advisory work includes supporting individual and institutional investors in building and strengthening their reputations ahead of investments into new sports markets. She has also supported brands, teams and leagues as they’ve navigated reputational challenges driven by investigations, employee misconduct and the growing intersection between sports and social issues.
• The National Women’s Soccer League on its joint investigation into alleged misconduct
• Ted Segal on his acquisition of a majority stake in Houston Dynamo FC
• Avnet on ongoing investor relations advisory
• A sports and pop culture brand on building a business and financial media profile ahead of its multi-million-dollar equity stake sale
• The Board of Directors of a luxury goods company on an unexpected CEO transition
• An education brand in managing an intensified media spotlight following the passing of its Chairman and CEO
• A major cruise line in its communications response to all stakeholders amidst the COVID-19 pandemic
• Skidmore College, B.S. in Management and Business