Formerly President of H/Advisors Abernathy, Chuck Burgess advises senior executives and Boards of Directors on strategic communications, investor relations, media relations and M&A communications in a broad range of industries, including transportation, technology, healthcare, real estate, consumer products and manufacturing. He has managed communications for more than 150 friendly and hostile transactions totaling over $600 billion and has led many of the firm’s most significant special situations, including bankruptcies and restructurings, shareholder activism, proxy fights and crisis assignments. He also serves as an ongoing advisor to corporate management teams and Boards on issues of enterprise risk management, corporate reputation and thought leadership.
Before joining Abernathy in 1994, Chuck focused on media and investor relations at Ogilvy Adams & Rinehart, where he advised financial services clients such as Deutsche Bank, New York Life, Chemical Bank and FGIC. Previously, he served in the press office of Senator John Warner (VA).
• Sanofi on its $19.5 billion acquisition of Genzyme
• Alaska Air on its $4 billion acquisition of Virgin America
• International Seaways on its $2 billion acquisition of Diamond S Shipping
• ZF on its $13.5 billion acquisition of TRW
• The City of Detroit on its historic Chapter 9 bankruptcy filing
• University of Pennsylvania, The Wharton School, Executive Education Program
• Georgetown University, B.A. in English and Government (Cum Laude)
Memberships and Affiliations
• Associació Barcelona Global
• VIP Community Services, Chair Emeritus