Senior Vice President, Digital
Akeem Anderson is a veteran digital strategist, counseling clients on integrated communications planning related to corporate reputation, mergers and acquisitions, investor relations, labor, IPOs, shareholder activism, public affairs and employee communications. In addition to strategic advisory, Akeem specializes in digital insight development, campaign management and cross platform measurement. He has also led media relations and strategic communication efforts for healthcare, hospitality and CPG clients.
Before joining H/Advisors Abernathy, Akeem served as a Director at Brunswick, where he led digital and social strategy development out of the firm’s Chicago office. He is also a former award-winning multi-media journalist, serving as a producer at WJBK FOX 2 Detroit and a reporter for the Tallahassee Democrat, a Gannett newspaper.
• Clayton, Dubilier & Rice (CD&R) on a variety of transactions, profile raising activities, and other initiatives on behalf of the firm and its portfolio companies
• A global biopharmaceutical company on executive communications, ESG initiatives, philanthropy and public commentary surrounding topical socioeconomic issues
• Over the course of his career, Akeem has also supported:
○ Weber on its IPO
○ WEJO on its SPAC offering
○ Scotts Miracle-Gro on the preservation of its corporate reputation
○ Synchrony on its CEO transition
○ Meredith Corporation on its corporate restructuring
• Florida A&M University, B.S. in Newspaper Journalism